To learn more about Surf lessons, Craft Fairs, Raft Races and bands,
Memorial Day Weekend Beach Badge Sales - Seasonal & Daily
THERE ARE NO MORE SEASON BADGES TO BE SOLD AT THIS TIME.
PLEASE CONTINUE TO CHECK WEBSITE FOR UPDATES.
Washington Ave., Norwood Ave., & Sylvania Ave. tag booths will be open 5/23/20-5/25/20, 9 AM - 5:15 PM, weather permitting. Seasonal badges are exact change or check only. In order to pay by check you must have a valid driver's license with you. Please have your driver's license number, your phone number and the check made out to the Borough of Avon to help expedite your time at the booth.
|2020 Beach Badge Prices:|
|Season Badges $95.00|
|Senior Citizens Badges (65 & over) $50.00|
|Young Adult (ages 12 through 18) $50.00|
|Daily Badges $10.00|
|Age 11 and under; no charge|
|We do not take credit or debit cards,
badges can only be paid for
with cash or by check.
There are NO REFUNDS for
lost or stolen badges.
Benches are removed from the boardwalk, walking or running allowed only, bicycle riding will be allowed before 9 AM. Sitting or congregating on the boardwalk is prohibited.
The beach and boardwalk will close at 8:00 PM adhering to the Governor's Executive Order 107
Beach badges are required in the summer months to gain access to the beach from 9:00 am to 5:30 pm. (Check calendar for exact dates). Badges can be purchased at the beach at any one of Avon’s 3 tag booths, Washington Ave., Sylvania Ave. or Norwood Ave. Tag Booth sales hours are from 9:00 am to 5:15 pm. Badges may also be purchased before summer at the borough office beginning in early May.
Restrooms are located on the boardwalk at Lincoln Ave and Norwood Ave.
Lost and Found: Avon maintains a lost and found box at the Sylvania Ave tag booth (732) 502-4508 (Summer only) during the summer months. Lost items must be identified before being released. Items must be picked up in person. We do not ship items.
Beach Rules and Regulations:
- No tents or canopies are permitted, only umbrellas that require one central station to support shade whether upright or a 90 position. Add Maximum tent of 3x3x3 foot for the use of infants only.
- Soft coolers only allowed. No hard coolers will be allowed on the beach and boardwalk.
- No fire or any other combustibles including but not limited to sterno, propane flame or electric burners.
- No tables or stands or boards or other products positioned to function as a table.
- No serving trays, warming trays or other devices utilized for the preparation and service of food for consumption by more than one person.
- No picnicking on streets, sidewalks or boardwalk.
- Beach badges and wristbands must be worn before entering beach and while on the beach.
- The transferring of badges is not permitted.
- Smoking is only permitted in the designated smoking areas.
- No littering. Trash receptacles must be used.
- No conduct which endangers the safety or comfort of others.
- Bikes and roller blades are not permitted on the boardwalk except between the hours of midnight and 9:00 a.m.
- Benches are removed from the boardwalk, walking or running allowed only, bicycle riding will be allowed before 9 AM. Sitting or congregating on the boardwalk is prohibited.
- No persons on the beach between midnight and 6:00 a.m. – except fishermen.
- Non-fisherman prohibited on jetties during bathing hours.
- No changing of clothes on beach or in any public restroom.
- No dogs or other pets on the beach except between October 1st through May 1st.
- Swimming in designated areas only.
- Surfing in designated areas only.
- No alcoholic beverages.
- No skateboards.
- No music that can be heard by others.