To learn more about Surf lessons, Craft Fairs, Raft Races and bands,
Seasonal Beach Badge Sales
Seasonal Beach Badge Gift Certificate RedemptionIf you purchased or received a seasonal beach badge gift certificate, it may be redeemed at Borough Hall beginning April 5, 2021, between 9 AM - 4 PM. Please bring proof of age for senior badges.
This is for gift certificate redemption only Seasonal beach badges will go on sale mid-April, please continue to check the website for further information. Gift Certificates are no longer available for purchase
Wristbands for One (1) Day $12.00
|2021 Season Beach Badge Prices|
|Season Badges $100.00
|Senior Citizens Badges (65 & over) $55.00|
|Young Adult (ages 12 through 18) $55.00|
|Wristbands for One (1) Day $12.00|
|Age 11 and under; no charge|
|We do not take credit or debit cards,
badges can only be paid for
with cash or by check.
There are NO REFUNDS for lost or stolen badges.
2020 Summer Season Information
The Avon Beach is open year round. Lifeguards are onsite weekends beginning Memorial Day weekend and full time on June 13th until through Labor Day. Lifeguards are on duty from 9:00 am to 5:30 pm. Parking is free.
Benches are removed from the boardwalk, walking or running allowed only, bicycle riding will be allowed before 9 AM. Sitting or congregating on the boardwalk is prohibited.
Season beach badges are required in the summer months to gain access to the beach from 9:00 am to 5:30 pm. (Check calendar for exact dates). Season badges can be purchased at the beach at the Sylvania Ave. tag booth. Tag Booth sales hours are from 9:00 am to 5:15 pm. Season badges may also be purchased before summer at the borough office beginning in early May.
Restrooms are located on the boardwalk at Lincoln Ave and Norwood Ave.
Lost and Found: Avon maintains a lost and found box at the Sylvania Ave tag booth (732) 502-4508 (Summer only) during the summer months. Lost items must be identified before being released. Items must be picked up in person. We do not ship items.
Beach Rules and Regulations:
- No tents or canopies are permitted, only umbrellas that require one central station to support shade whether upright or a 90 position. Add Maximum tent of 3x3x3 foot for the use of infants only.
- Soft coolers only allowed. No hard coolers will be allowed on the beach and boardwalk.
- No fire or any other combustibles including but not limited to sterno, propane flame or electric burners.
- No tables or stands or boards or other products positioned to function as a table.
- No serving trays, warming trays or other devices utilized for the preparation and service of food for consumption by more than one person.
- No picnicking on streets, sidewalks or boardwalk.
- Beach badges and wristbands must be worn before entering beach and while on the beach.
- The transferring of badges is not permitted.
- Smoking is only permitted in the designated smoking areas.
- No littering. Trash receptacles must be used.
- No conduct which endangers the safety or comfort of others.
- Bikes and roller blades are not permitted on the boardwalk except between the hours of midnight and 9:00 a.m.
- Benches are removed from the boardwalk, walking or running allowed only, bicycle riding will be allowed before 9 AM. Sitting or congregating on the boardwalk is prohibited.
- No persons on the beach between midnight and 6:00 a.m. – except fishermen.
- Non-fisherman prohibited on jetties during bathing hours.
- No changing of clothes on beach or in any public restroom.
- No dogs or other pets on the beach except between October 1st through May 1st.
- Swimming in designated areas only.
- Surfing in designated areas only.
- No alcoholic beverages.
- No skateboards.
- No music that can be heard by others.