Please scroll down to review the Borough's beach rules and regulations before coming to the beach.
For day-to-day beach information in Avon-by-the-Sea, click on the image below!
2024 Beach Badge Sales
Badges will be on sale in the Borough Office (301 Main Street) starting in April 2024. Badges will be sold Mon-Fri from 9:00am - 4:00pm. Badges will be sold at the Tag Booths on Ocean Avenue once the beach is open full-time.
Check or cash only. If you are purchasing with a check, please have your drivers license and phone number on the check.
Adult Season Badges $100.00
Senior Citizens Badges (65 & over) $55.00 - You must provide proof of age to purchase senior badges. A photo of a driver license is acceptable if you are purchasing for someone else.
Young Adult (ages 12 through 18) $55.00 __________________________________________________________________________________________
|2024 Season Beach Badge Prices
|Season Badges $100.00
|Senior Citizens Badges (65 & over) $55.00 must provide proof of age
|Young Adult (ages 12 through 18) $55.00
|Wristbands for One (1) Day $12.00
Sold at the tag booths during the summer
|Age 11 and under; no charge
We do not take credit or debit cards, badges
can only be paid for with cash or by check.
There are NO REFUNDS for lost or stolen badges.
The Avon Beach is open year round. Lifeguards are onsite weekends beginning Memorial Day weekend. Lifeguards are on duty from 9:00 am to 5:30 pm every day from June 17th through Labor Day.
Parking is free.
Beach badges are required in the summer months to gain access to the beach
from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm weekdays and 9:00 am to 5:30 pm weekends and holidays. Seasonal badges and daily wrist bands can be purchased only at the beach at the Sylvania Ave., Washington Ave., and Norwood Ave. tag booths weather permitting. Tag Booths close 15 minutes prior to gate tenders going off duty.
2023 Designated Beaches
Norwood Avenue Beach
Sylvania Avenue Beach
Washington Avenue Beach
Garfield Avenue Beach
Lincoln Avenue Beach
Woodland Avenue Beach (for surfing and/or swimming, at the discretion of the Beachfront Supervisor or in his absence, the Chief Lifeguard).
East End Avenue Beach (for surfing, swimming and/or boating, at the discretion of the Beachfront Supervisor or in his absence, the Chief Lifeguard).
Designated beaches will be open the weekends of:
Restrooms are located on the boardwalk at Lincoln Ave and Norwood Ave. and are open beginning Mother's Day Weekend.
Lost and Found: Avon maintains a lost and found box at the Sylvania Ave tag booth (732) 502-4508 (Summer only) during the summer months. Lost items must be identified before being released. Items must be picked up in person. We do not ship items.
While there is no charge for parking in Avon-By-the-Sea, parking is limited to on street parking. Please review this ordinance to see what streets are diagonal parking and which are parallel parking: Ordinance 01-2021
Beach Rules and Regulations:
- No tents or canopies are permitted, only umbrellas that require one central station to support shade whether upright or a 90 position. Maximum tent of 3x3x3 foot for the use of infants only.
- No fire or any other combustibles including but not limited to sterno, propane flame or electric burners.
- No tables or stands or boards or other products positioned to function as a table.
- No serving trays, warming trays or other devices utilized for the preparation and service of food for consumption by more than one person.
- No picnicking on streets, sidewalks or boardwalk.
- Beach badges and wristbands must be worn before entering beach and while on the beach.
- The transferring of badges is not permitted.
- Smoking is only permitted in the designated smoking areas.
- No cannabis allowed on the beachfront.
- No littering. Trash receptacles must be used.
- No conduct which endangers the safety or comfort of others.
- Bikes and roller blades are not permitted on the boardwalk except between the hours of midnight and 9:00 a.m.
- No persons on the beach between midnight and 6:00 a.m. – except fishermen.
- Non-fisherman prohibited on jetties during bathing hours.
- No changing of clothes on beach or in any public restroom.
- No dogs or other pets on the beach except between October 1st through May 1st.
- Swimming in designated areas only.
- Surfing in designated areas only.
- No alcoholic beverages.
- No skateboards.
- Playing of any sound devices, such as radio, television, phonograph, or similar device that reproduces or amplifies sound is prohibited unless the person operating, playing the device is using earphones.
- Holes dug in sand may not be deeper than the knee of the smallest participant OR 12 inches deep. Any holes dug on the beach must be filled in.