Avon Leisure Citizens
|Weekly Wednesday Socials in the
Municipal Building includes your choice
of Bingo, Rumikub, join a group for
cards, or bring a game. Share
refreshments and time with your
Meets weekly at 11:30.
Contact Avon Recreation at 732-502-4517
email at firstname.lastname@example.org
DUE TO COVID-19 WE ARE CURRENTLY NOT HOLDING MEETINGS
Every Wednesday: 11:30-4:00 at the Municipal Gym, 301 Main Street in Avon-by-the-Sea
A life of leisure begins at home for area seniors who meet Wednesday afternoons in the Avon municipal gym for good company, refreshments and plenty of fun. The group is open to both men and women, and meets at 11:30 weekly. It isn’t necessary to be an Avon resident. We have people from Wall, Spring Lake, Belmar, Lake Como and Bradley Beach. Join in on Bingo, Rummikub, Bridge, Poker or a game of your choice. We are full of surprises and lots of fun. For more information contact Avon Recreation at 732-502-4517 or email@example.com
A Visiting Nurse from the VNA of Central Jersey is available once a month to review medications and health concerns. This is a free service to our members.
Click here to view our new members information sheet.
- Dues are paid twice a year: $20.00 in September and $20.00 in January.
- Dues may be paid in cash or check payable to Leisure Citizens.
- This covers all gatherings, luncheons, coffee, paper products, etc.
Meeting Schedule and Events:
- We gather each Wednesday from September through May.
- A monthly meeting schedule is available so that members are aware of 1) days off due to a holiday, 2) a guest / speaker is scheduled, or 3) luncheon details.
- We have two luncheons each year: one in mid-December and the second is usually the last week in May.
When we meet:
Bingo starts at 12:30PM
- All players pay 25 cents per card and may play as many cards as they like.
- The winner(s) receive $1.00.
- Bingo is called until 3:00PM
All Other Games
- All other game players assemble at 12:00 noon.
- We currently have members playing Rummikub, Poker and Bridge.
- Members may bring and play any game of their choice.
- If there is a need for other players (i.e. Bridge requires four players) we can
- usually find fill-ins. Please inform Pam or see Ruth O’Malley.
- Note to card players – please bring your own cards.
- Games may be played until 4:00 p.m.
- A coffee break is taken and 50/50 tickets are sold at around 2:00PM
- The tickets are three for $1.00 – good luck!
- Coffee and hot water is available at all gatherings along with tea bags
- and hot chocolate packets.
- Milk, cream and sugars are also provided.
- Members may bring treats to share.
- A light lunch may be served for a special occasion (i.e. first gathering in
- September or first gathering of the New Year – see the monthly schedule).
- All clean up will be done by a Leisure Citizens staff member.
- If you borrow a cushion, please return it when finished.