Town meetings are held every 2nd and 4th Monday of the month at 7:00 pm. Town meetings are held at the Avon Marina, 2 Main Street.
View the Calendar of Events for additional information.
Marriage License Application / Vital Records Info:
Click on the State web site below for details on applying for a marriage license. An APPOINTMENT IS REQUIRED at the Avon Borough office. 732-502-4510.
Click here for the New Jersey Dept. of Health and Senior Services website.
Certified Copies of Vital Records:
- Completed application. All pertinent areas MUST be filled in.
- Copy of photo ID showing address, or photo ID without address and one ID with address, or 2 alternate forms of ID with address (must be same address on both ID’s). Please note that the certified copies will only be mailed to the address shown on the identification!
- If you are not an immediate relative of the person(s), i.e. spouse, parent, child, grandchild, sibling, named on the vital record, I must have a copy of the document appointing you as the legal guardian or legal representative. Or a copy of a Court Order or Subpoena.
- Check made out to the Borough of Avon. Copies are $10.00 each.
- If this application has been faxed or emailed to you, please be advised that you must mail it back to me with your original signature.
Michele Darling, CMR Thea Kratochvil, CMR
Registrar of Vital Statistics Deputy Registrar of Vital Statistics
Proof of current rabies vaccination is MANDATORY. If the rabies vaccination expires prior to November 1st, a new one must be obtained before licenses can be issued. The fee is $13.20 for spayed/neutered dogs and $16.20 for dogs not spayed/neutered. You may renew the license in person in the Borough office or by mail. It is also required to license cats. Their rabies vaccination must be up to date. The fee is $3.00 for spayed/neutered cats and $5.00 for cats not spayed/neutered.
Dog / Cat Licenses are required and are renewable in January.
Click here for a dog/cat license application.
Open Public Records Act Request Form:
For the application to access public records click here.
Applications for Employment with the Borough of Avon are available in the borough office, or click here to print out an application. Applications may be dropped off at the office or mailed. Applications for summer employment are accepted year round.
SWIFT REACH Emergency Notification System:
This system has a feature that allows residents to logon and add themselves to the system via their own computer!
It allows people to add up to three phone numbers and two email addresses. You can add your phone numbers and addresses even if you think you are already listed, as the system recognizes duplications.
Click here to register.
Please note that you will need to 'agree' to the terms and conditions before continuing your registration.
*Be aware we can no longer refer to the system in print as "Reverse 911" this is a copyrighted name and belongs to another division of the same company.