close menu
This website uses cookies to store your accessibility preferences. No personal / identifying information is stored. More info.

Printable Forms

Marriage License Application:

Required documents when applying for a marriage license

Proof of identity by presenting your driver’s license, passport or state/federal I.D.
Proof of residency by one applicant if a NJ resident.  One of the parties must live in Avon-By-The-Sea in order to apply for a marriage license in Avon. 
Social Security number*
A witness, 18 years of age or older
The $28 application fee
* Your social security number is required by law for US citizens and will be kept confidential.

Any documents in a foreign language must be accompanied by a certified English translation.

Complete the marriage license application form. You may also get an application form at the Local Registrar’s office.  Do not sign the marriage application form before going to the Local Registrar. You must sign the application, under oath, in the presence of the issuing authority.

Marriage License Application 

Certified Copies of Vital Records:  

  1. Completed application. All pertinent areas MUST be filled in.
  2. Copy of photo ID showing address, or photo ID without address and one ID with address, or 2 alternate forms of ID with address (must be same address on both ID’s). Please note that the certified copies will only be mailed to the address shown on the identification!
  3. If you are not an immediate relative of the person(s), i.e. spouse, parent, child, grandchild, sibling, named on the vital record, I must have a copy of the document appointing you as the legal guardian or legal representative. Or a copy of a Court Order or Subpoena.
  4. Check made out to the Borough of Avon. Copies are $10.00 each.
  5. If this application has been faxed or emailed to you, please be advised that you must mail it back to me with your original signature.

                               Michele Darling, CMR                                            
                               Registrar of Vital Statistics                                  

Click here for an application form

Dog/Cat Licenses:

Proof of current rabies vaccination is MANDATORY. If the rabies vaccination expires prior to November 1st, a new one must be obtained before licenses can be issued. The fee is $13.20 for spayed/neutered dogs and $16.20 for dogs not spayed/neutered. You may renew the license in person in the Borough office or by mail. It is also required to license cats. Their rabies vaccination must be up to date. The fee is $3.00 for spayed/neutered cats and $5.00 for cats not spayed/neutered.
Dog / Cat Licenses are required and are renewable in January.
Click here for a dog/cat license application.

Open Public Records Act Request Form:

For the application to access public records click HERE!

Employment Applications:

Applications for Employment with the Borough of Avon are available in the borough office, or click here to print out an application. Applications may be dropped off at the office or mailed. Applications for summer employment are accepted year round.

SWIFT REACH Emergency Notification System:

This system has a feature that allows residents to logon and add themselves to the system via their own computer!

It allows people to add up to three phone numbers and two email addresses. You can add your phone numbers and addresses even if you think you are already listed, as the system recognizes duplications.

Click here to register.
Please note that you will need to 'agree' to the terms and conditions before continuing your registration.

*Be aware we can no longer refer to the system in print as "Reverse 911" this is a copyrighted name and belongs to another division of the same company.

Resale & Rental CO Forms

Please be advised that all owners or landlords who rent or lease any apartment, cottage, rooms or single family homes, not registered as a Rooming House or Hotel must obtain a Certificate of Occupancy and inspection prior to leasing or renting same. A Certificate of Occupancy is required for ALL summer, winter, online and year round rentals. All applications may be picked up at the Borough Municipal Building or printed through the links below.  Applications must then be either dropped off or mailed in in to the Borough with a check for the appropriate amount in order for your inspection to be scheduled.   Failure to obtain a Certificate of Occupancy is punishable by a $1,250.00 fine and appearance in court. Any questions, please contact Scott or Ken at

Special Events Permit
Application to use Borough Property for Event(s) and Special Activities

Recreation Permit
Beach Pavilion and Boardwalk Gazebo (Washington Avenue and Garfield Avenue) Rental

Business/Rental Insurance Registration Requirement